Shackleford won the Preakness, leading from start to finish. His trainer is Louisvillian Dale Romans. Shackleford’s morning line was 12-1. Animal Kingdom made a great run at the end to give folks hope for another Triple Crown, but it was too little, too late for this race. Harvey Milk would have been a much more respectable person for tonight’s slot as he would have turned 80 on May 22, and Harold Camping would have been a much more hilarious one. Make sure everyone stays tuned to what he says so that we can fill out our Rapture Excuse Bingo sheets!
– The Rapture didn’t happen, I don’t think. But a huge thunderstorm randomly hit right at 6pm. Tried to listen for a voice in the distance, but maybe I was wrong in assuming God/Jesus spoke English?
– The UK softball team got a huge victory over Michigan and advanced to the school’s 2nd regional final ever. Tomorrow, play for a trip to the Super Regional at 1pm on ESPN.
– The UK men’s tennis team took a loss against defending champion Southern California and finished their season with an Elite Eight finish. Congrats on a great season guys.
– The UK baseball team exchanged beat downs with Florida this weekend. They lost handily tonight (19-3) after winning handily (14-1) Friday evening, allowing UF to clinch a tie for the SEC title. Not the best season for the baseball boys, but that’s alright.
– Props to Waitin’ On 8 from Kentucky Sports Network for pointing this great thing out – A Smack Talk Generator. Gives out some great stuff for whenever you need to compare your team to another and the other party just isn’t ’seeing the light’.
– Eloy Vargas went for 2 pts and 8 boards (team leading) tonight against Lithuania. More interesting/unimpressive than that? The two teams TIED 77-77. Ties in basketball are just unacceptable. But I guess they are just out there having fun, so that’s cool.